How To import and play a midi file on Band-In-A-Box® with separate realtracks
The Band-In-A-Box Trick: How The Experts Create a Song In A Few Minutes Without Learning The Chords!
We want to create a backing track in a few minutes, with real instruments. Watch the video, but you can also follow the tutorial step by step on this page.
Import the MIDI file. The problem is that Band-in-a-Box® will import all the track of the MIDI file into a single track (the Melody track). We need a different procedure.
1. Search for the midi file, e.g. I can’t tell you why ” by The Eagles”, and download.
2. Open Band in a Box without choruses
Menu, Choruses =1
3. Open the midi file (goes to Melody track)
4. Here is your midi file, but all the tracks are on the melody track, and they cannot be separated.
5. Check the number of bars occupied by the song. You will have to add this number of bars later
6. Select all the bars by dragging the mouse over the whole song and copy the content
7. Open a new song from scratch
8. Insert a number of bars not less than that of the midi
9. Paste the song
10. Now your midi has all the tracks editable
11. Replace them with your favorite real tracks
12. Import your instruments to all the tracks you intend to use
13. That’s all! Your song is ready. You can save it like “sgu” file or export (.wav or .mp3)
14. Export the song (Rendering)
15. Done. This is your old midi with real tracks!
If you want the collection of ready-made original backing tracks: Full BiaB SGU Download
Very interesting and useful, thank you ! Buying the BiAB collection you propose !
Very cool tip, Thank You!